- ACCIDENT STATISTICS (HURT STUDY)
- 2/3 of all motorcycle accidents involve other vehicles.
- The remaining 1/3 of motorcycle accidents are solo accidents.
- Of the 2/3 involving other vehicles, 3/4 of these accidents involve right of way violations.
- HOW CAN WE REDUCE ACCIDENTS (WHY WE TRAIN)
- Proper roadway positioning (make yourself seen), AGGRESSIVE VS. PASSIVE.
- Use S I P D E
S -Scan aggressively in all four directions
I -Identify potential hazards
P -Predict what the hazard will do
D -Decide what you should do and How you should do it
E -Execute the maneuver
- Use of proper braking techniques (Hand covering clutch, aggressive front brake, followed by rear brake.
- 3. WHAT IS PERCEPTION AND REACTION TIME?
- Perception, the time it takes to recognize a threat.
- Reaction, the time it takes for the body to react.
- Following distances